From Degree Forum Wiki

ENEB (European Business School of Barcelona - Spanish: Escuela de Negocios Europea de Barcelona) is a business school in Spain that offers Master's level, postgraduate, and continuing education degrees/certificates by ENEB itself. These credentials can then be strengthened by paying for an additional supporting diploma, which holds a QR code verification of authenticity from the university "Isabel I" (Universidad Isabel I de Castilla - a fully accredited, government-registered university in Spain) via their online diploma database. Additional options include receiving a physical diploma with a Hague Apostille and notarization from Spain, which is useful in some countries' immigration or visa procedures. The program is registered within Spain's Registro de Universidades, Centros y Títulos under institution code 080.

The Spanish government (regardless of whether it is continuing education or a full-fledged university diploma) requires proof of completion of either a prior Bachelor's degree, or substantial work experience in the field, in order to admit students to post-secondary studies.

Some students have found it worthwhile to utilize ENEB as a program to prepare for more well-recognized MBA or Masters degree programs, both because the credits could potentially be transferred to another school and because the assignments are examples of the typical kind of essay-writing and case studies you will need to do at the graduate school level.

"Master" Level Courses Offered (last updated March 2024)[edit]

The following courses are offered in both Spanish and English unless otherwise stated. All are at least 60 ECTS (=one year of full-time study).

  • Business Administration (MBA)
  • Big Data and Business Intelligence
  • Business and Corporate Communication
  • Commerce Management and Marketing
  • Digital Marketing and eCommerce
  • Hotel Management and Tourism (English only)
  • Human Resources (& Talent) Management
  • International Trade
  • Management and Team Management
  • Project Management
  • (Logistics &) Supply Chain Management

  • Coaching & Mindfulness (Spanish only)
  • Digital Business (Spanish only)
  • Fintech (Financial Tech) & Blockchain (Spanish only)
  • Marketing & Digital Analytics (Spanish only)
  • Financial Markets & Asset Management (Spanish only)
  • Revenue Management & Hospitality (Spanish only)

Degree Contents[edit]

ENEB's degree programs are online courses completed at your own pace via PDF reading, video watching, multiple choice quizzes, and writing case studies or essays. You have an 18 month timeframe to complete one Master's, you have 24 months for a dual Master's. You can purchase additional time. If you purchase another Master's program they will automatically extend your time window with an additional 18 months. A one time extension of 6 months can be provided for free so long as it is requested between 15 to 60 days of the course end date.

According to 2024 Spanish law:

  • Masters level program = 60 ECTS or more (1500 academic hours, equivalent to 1 academic year).
  • Postgraduate course = 12 ECTS (300 academic hours).
  • Higher Education course = 2.4 ECTS (60 academic hours).

Note that although all European countries are supposed to accept a degree obtained in ECTS for work purposes without requiring a foreign degree evaluation (unless you are using it for a job requiring a license), how many study hours 1 ECTS is worth is actually different depending on which European country you are in. In the US, how 1 ECTS is translated into US credits changes from evaluator to evaluator, or from school to school. This means your ENEB degree, if evaluated outside of Spain, may be evaluated as equating to less than 60 ECTS.

Grading and completion of the course consists of two pathways, one being homework + a final essay, the other being an exam.

Essay pathway: Traditional pathway. No additional fees apply. While the course instructions set a limit of 18 pages (excluding the title page and reference list) per Master's level paper, students have reported submitting papers ranging in length from 5 to 20+ pages. Using graphics/visual diagrams and varied sources (minimum 15-20 per paper) raise your grade significantly. Failing the same course paper twice will result in failing the program as a whole. After you fail the program, even if you restart your studies and pass them the second time, there will be a fail marked on your permanent transcript alongside the new pass. It may take up to 3 months for an assignment to be graded.

Exam pathway: New pathway. An additional fee of roughly €300 applies. You will take a final exam with a maximum of 1 retake possible. Some students have received 2-3 exams when enrolled in 3 Master's programs, others have received 1 combined exam for all 3 programs. You will often have to wait 3-6 months between registration and when the exam slot opens, then it may take an additional 3-4 months for your grades to be inputted into the gradebook and your digital diploma to be received.

Receiving the diplomas falls into separate parts as well:

  1. Usually within 60 days of the completion of all currently enrolled degrees, you are asked to confirm your name and address for the issuance of the diplomas.
  2. Usually within 60 days of the above confirmation, you receive the digital ENEB diploma and ENEB transcript.
  3. If you paid for it, within a few weeks of receiving all ENEB diplomas you will receive the digital Isabel I diploma (previously this was free, as of 2024 it is no longer free).
  4. If you paid for a hard copy, apostille or notarization that will usually come in an additional 60 days after you have received all digital diplomas. However apostille and notarization is done by external parties (the Spanish government) and there may be further delays from their side of the procedures.

Note: Students will receive an ENEB diploma and a Universidad Isabel I diploma. It is up to your employer and your foreign credit evaluator on which diploma is accepted - some accept both, some accept only one or the other as the "true" diploma. All of ENEB's courses are designed, developed and taught by ENEB. Universidad Isabel certifies programs / titulo propios from many different institution in Spain, and can be considered similar to an accreditation agency like WASC or the HLC in the USA.

Study & Diploma Issuance Costs[edit]

The cost of each program itself varies depending on where you pay for it at, as well as if there are seasonal sales including Black Friday and Chinese New Year. Additionally, the prices at ENEB have been steadily increasing with each passing year. The following is just a rough price estimate.

Price of 1 Master's in USD:

  • ENEB.com directly (full price) - around $7,800 per Master. You obtain a free tablet.
  • Groupon (when on sale) - around 94% off = $380-$420 per Master. No tablet.
  • Ambassador's code from alumni (obtained by searching degreeforum.com) - 90-97% off - around $300 per Master. No tablet.
  • ENEB marketing Emails (once you are already a student or alumni) - 90-98% off - can be as low as around $200 per Master. No tablet.

  • Price of getting a digital ENEB diploma only (no Isabel I diploma): $0
  • Price of getting a physical copy of the diploma + Isabel I diploma : roughly $150-$300
  • Price of getting a Hague Apostille and notarization + Isabel I diploma: another $150-$300
  • Price of switching from essays to a final exam: another $215-$380

Potential Controversy & Concerns[edit]

1) ENEB's programs can be found on Groupon for a low price. This mirrors how Harvard, Johns Hopkins University & Georgia Institute of Technology have deep discounts on their courses if you take them through Edx or Coursera and just click the "I want a scholarship" button (a scholarship for 98% off will automatically be granted for this Harvard course).

Additionally, most universities in Europe charge $3,000 or less per year in general - examples being Icelandic universities at around $550 per year, both Norwegian & Swedish universities at $0 per year for European residents., and German universities at $0 per year even for non-Europeans.

2) ENEB's degrees do not enable doctorate studies or licensure for license-restricted professions within Spain itself. Typical examples of licensed professions include "lawyer", "surgeon", "electrician" and "public school teacher". This is because in Spain, generally speaking, if you hold the degree for a licensed position you automatically also hold the license for that position, they are a package deal - this is different in the US, where obtaining the degree and obtaining licensure are usually two separate things.

Licensure is granted by the Spanish government, similar to how most US licensure is granted on a state by state basis. Thus Spain has two separate types of post-secondary education, one being where the school designed its own curriculum without direct oversight from the Spanish government in the curriculum planning ("titulo propio", but known under a variety of names), and the second where the school did receive direct government oversight including to ensure it means licensure requirements ("titulo oficial" but also known under a variety of names). Unlike in America, government or accreditation oversight is NOT given on a school by school basis in Spain, instead it is given on a course by course or degree by degree basis - thus one program at a Spanish school may be "propio" but another at the same school is "oficial". "Oficial" degrees are formally registered in a higher education database with the Spanish government and showcase the signature of the King of Spain, whereas "propio" degrees do not.

However: 1) The above restrictions do not exist in most foreign countries where the Spanish degree is evaluated by a foreign credit evaluator agency (see the chart on degree equivalency below). 2) ENEB only teaches business courses, and most aspects of business are not license-protected in Spain in a way where a degree is a requirement to get that license.

In Spain itself, titulo propio are often used as continuing education by people who have already entered that career field and do not work for government agencies, as well as used by foreigners and exchange students. Entry-level workers or people with no work experience at all may instead gravitate towards getting "titulo oficial" due to the ability to get recommendation letters from professors, student loans, internships, and because they enable licensed work or PhDs.

Degree Evaluation and Equivalency Results[edit]

In the majority of Europe, a qualification from any other European country can be listed on your resume as-is (no foreign degree equivalency check required - see below) unless it is to be used for a job that requires a license. This includes countries like Poland and Sweden. Jobs requiring a license are usually anything related to laws, physical/mental health, or children (including lawyer, therapist, electrician, public school teacher). If your job requires a license, the degree and/or license you already hold from your country must typically be submitted to the country's licensing agency, who will evaluate it and tell you which additional courses you need to supplement the education you already have, in order to be granted a license. You would then submit your degree and a transcript of those extra courses to the licensing agency, and you would receive a license.

(An example is a person with an American degree in Education being required to take 3 college-level Swedish courses before their US teaching license could be turned into a Swedish teaching license. That does not mean their Education degree is in any way seen as invalid, unaccredited or a non-degree, it just means that the degree alone is insufficient for licensing purposes in Sweden. This is how ENEB degrees may function from a licensing standpoint.)

In some countries, a degree is only a valid degree if it contained a final project or final thesis worth a certain amount of credits which is then listed on the transcript as a separate item from the normal courses. In those cases, ENEB credits may potentially transfer in to a school, but the ENEB degree as a whole would not be seen as a degree or finished degree.

In some European countries such as Germany, 1 ECTS from Spain is worth less study hours per credit than 1 ECTS from the new country. There may also be a law stating that a degree must be 60 (sometimes 90) ECTS at a minimum. This difference can result in ENEB degrees not being seen as degrees in the new country.

In India, it may be that no degrees obtained entirely online are seen as valid degrees. It is worth noting that nothing on an ENEB certificate or transcript states that it was an online degree, but it would be clear if authorities were to check the ENEB website or Email the staff.

For school, immigration or work purposes outside of Europe, some students need an ENEB (aka foreign) degree to be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluator (FCE). Below are the results from FCEs found by people from Degreeforum.

United States[edit]

In the US, most jobs requiring a state license as well as US immigration (for work visas) and most US university admissions require an evaluation done by either a NACES member (of which there are around 20) or an evaluation by ACEI. All NACES members' evaluations are of equal weight, but they are NOT in agreement with which results they give, thus if you receive a poor result from one member you can try another.

An example of a place requiring a NACES evaluation is most Washington state public school districts, meanwhile an example of accepting ACEI evaluations is the New York State and Illinois State Education Departments (all for public school teacher jobs).

In the below chart, "accredited" for US results means "regionally accredited" (NACES members never give a result claiming equivalency to "national" accreditation):

What Who Why this is important
Bachelor's degree (accredited) ECE (NACES) Source 1. Many jobs, licenses and work visas require a Bachelor's with no need for a Master's. This could also be used in school admissions for entry into the Master's level.
Master's degree (accredited) Validential (not NACES or ACEI) Some employers are fine with a Validential evaluation. Private or "religious exempt" US schools (such as University of North Carolina Systems, Queens College of Theology - which an ENEB graduate was admitted to) do not have to follow normal national/state admissions requirements and may accept a Validential evaluation instead of a NACES member evaluation in admissions.Evaluation result 1. Evaluation result 2.
Graduate diploma/certificate/credit (accredited) IEE (NACES) Via direct contact with IEE staff in March 2024, it was confirmed ENEB diplomas will still get evaluated as graduate credit, as it had been since at least 2019 despite that IEE is now "partnered" with ENEB and now offers a $20 discount for ENEB students.

(Evaluation 2.

Graduate diploma (accredited) Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI) ACEI has confirmed in the EAIE Conference that it will evaluate all Titulo Propio degrees in Spain, regardless of institution type, as being a "graduate diploma" as long as proof the student also has a Bachelor's degree is provided. recommends that graduate transfer credit be awarded for such an evaluation and thus requires a transcript.
One year of graduate study (accredited institution, unaccredited program) Academic Evaluation Services, Inc. (AES) (NACES) evaluated as equivalent to "one year of completed study in an unaccredited program at a regionally accredited institution of higher education".
Completed Graduate Program SpanTran (NACES) Submitting the Isabel I diploma (and paying for SpanTran to verify it) gets the evaluation of "completion of a graduate program" with "recommended as graduate level transfer credit", without regard to accreditation or exact equivalency, which keeps everything open to interpretation depending on your employer or school.
Graduate credit with no degree equivalency (accredited) IACE (NACES) [1] Upon inquiry, the director stated that "IACE recognizes the graduate level credits from the Titulo Propio but not the degree. Courses are recognized but we do not consider the degree as comparable to a US masters degree."
Graduate credit with no degree equivalency (accredited) GCE (NACES) [2] Upon inquiry, the senior evaluator stated "Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. (GCE) evaluates titulo propios from Spain. These degrees are not a part of the formal higher education system in Spain and are university specific programs. As such they are not recognized by the Ministerio de Educacion y Ciencia (MEC). We give the US equivalency of graduate course work but not a US master degree."
Refuse to evaluate & no recognition list [3] (NACES) * Center for Applied Research, Evaluation and Education, Inc. (unaccredited / no course-by-course evaluation)
* Education Perspectives nfp (completion of continuing education / no graduate credit)
* Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc. (refuse to evaluate)
* Foundation for International Services, Inc. (completion of continuing education / no course-by-course evaluation)
* Globe Language Services (refuse to evaluate)
* Institute of Foreign Credential Services, Inc (refuse to evaluate)
* World Education Services, Inc. (refuse to evaluate as of Jan 2024)

North America (Other)[edit]

What Who Why this is important
Masters Degree (Jamaica) The University Council Of Jamaica UCJ (University Council or Jamaica) conducted a blanket evaluation on Universidad Isabel I and ENEB's MBA program in 2020, affirming the UI1 MBA degree and the UI1 Master in International Trade degree as equivalent to Masters Degrees in Jamaica. The evaluation status of the other Master's programs provided by ENEB remains unknown. ENEB is an increasingly common MBA option within the offshore finance sectors in the Caribbean due to the overall lack of distance-based degree programs there.
Masters Degree (Canada - Québec) Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration In a large Quebec immigration group on Facebook, it was noted that the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, a member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada, has evaluated ENEB/UI1 in a "comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec" process as being equivalent to a Quebec Masters Degree. Note that the process for evaluation is difficult and tedious: a hard copy of one's UI1 degree and transcript certified by the Spanish consulate/embassy is required, and the process takes 3+ months. From receiving your UI1 diploma signed by the rector to the end of the evaluation process, 9+ months may pass by. The evaluation itself is not binding and is meant for reference purposes for employment rather than additional study, and may not be useful outside of Quebec.
Masters Degree (Canada) WES Canada Prior to 2024, WES Canada evaluated ENEB degrees as equivalent to a Canadian Masters degree for employment and immigration purposes. As of January 2024, WES Canada no longers accepts evaluation for ENEB Master's degrees, and previous evaluation reports may be rendered invalid.

South America[edit]

In Latin America, ENEB is essentially recognized the same as how it is in Spain itself because Latin American countries based their education systems off of Spain's, so often have the same concept of "titulo propio" versus "titulo oficial" differences in their own countries (although they may be named slightly differently). ENEB and Universidad Isabel I have signed consortium degree agreements with various Latin American universities for programs delivered in Spanish and English.


The ECTS in the ENEB degrees should be valid as transfer credit in any European country subscribing to the ECTS system, even when the finished degree itself is not accepted as a full degree by said European country. Note that it is still rare for European schools to actually accept courses for transfer credit, whether in ECTS or not, unless it comes from a school in the same country, because they deem the foreign curriculum to not match their own.

What Who Why this is important
Advanced Bachelors Degree (Belgium) NARICS Belgium Two degrees were submitted together - one was evaluated as equivalent to an Advanced Bachelors (4th year Honors), and the other in Big Data was evaluated as a Masters (see below). Note that if you submit multiple degrees, evaluators (in the US as well) tend to say one is a higher level degree than the other (if you submit one Bachelor's alone, they may equate it to an Associate's, but if you submit a Bachelor's and Associate's together, they may say you have one Bachelor's and one "non-degree").
No Accreditation (Belgium) NARICS Belgium UI1/Structuralia master's degree in Cybersecurity with a master thesis (exact same structure as ENEB, just a different partner of UI1) got a negative evaluation by Naric as they did not recognize the 3rd party institution, in this case Structuralia, as an accredited body]
Masters Degree (Belgium) NARICS Belgium The Masters of Big Data and Business Intelligence was evaluated as a Master's when submitted together with the ENEB MBA, because it was deemed to be sufficiently distinct from the MBA program.
1st Year of Accredited Master's Degree (Slovenia) [4] According to the ENEB webinar chat in March 2024, an unnamed university in Slovenia accepted an ENEB diploma as worth 60 ECTS and equal to the first year of a Slovenian Master's degree. No external foreign credit evaluator (such as WES) was used.
Level 7 Diploma (UK) ECCTIS ENIC ENEB can be used as a Level 7 diploma for a top-up masters. However, favourable ENIC evaluation alone does not guarantee acceptance by a UK MBA Top-up program as many universities only use the ENIC evaluation as a guideline.
Professional Qualifications (Poland) Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Titulo propio count as "postgraduate diplomas" in Poland and are not subjected to nostrification procedures, and do not allow entrance into Master's or Doctorate studies. However they can be submitted to Polish employers as proof of professional (postgraduate) qualifications.)
Master's Degree (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Greenland, Faroe Islands) [various sources] Titulo propio can be translated as "egne grader / master" (Norway, Denmark) or "masterexamen / magisterexamen" (Sweden). Nordic countries have reciprocity agreements regarding Education, similar to US state agreements. According to various Norwegian, Swedish and Danish pages, including one page on Isabel I, titulo propio as well as their ECTS are automatically accepted as equal to a normal university degree, without any validation or foreign degree equivalency required.

However as the ENEB degrees lack a final thesis/project, they are NOT accepted for entrance into PhD or other Master's programs in Nordic countries which require your previous degree to have one (=most, but not all, majors). Titulo Propio also are seemingly not valid for government stipendiums/grants in any Scandinavian country (Lånekassen, CSN, SU, udlandsstipendium). While in Norway and Denmark titulo propio do not seem to be valid for exchange studies, they seem to be acceptable for that in Sweden. Finally, you likely can't use them to get a licensed position unless you submit them to licensing agencies and take additional courses (see further above).

Asia (West / Middle East / South East)[edit]

What Who Why this is important
Masters Degree (Indonesia) Ministry of Education of Indonesia The Master in Project Management has previously been evaluated as being equivalent to a Master in Indonesia.
Master's Degree (UAE) MOFA - United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs) According to the ENEB webinar chat in March 2024, several people had their ENEB diplomas verified as accredited Master's.

Note that there have been several reports of students who already lived in an Asian country and who got an ENEB degree. Just because you can use it when applying to jobs in the country you live in does not automatically mean that the immigration office accepts it as a valid degree for a foreigner trying to apply for a work visa to your country.

Accredited schools accepting ENEB degrees for admissions or transfer credits[edit]

In addition to the schools mentioned below, there are various accounts on degreeforum, the ENEB campus forums, NUBI (ENEB's official webinar site) and other websites regarding students getting into unaccredited schools and schools with US religious exemptions regarding admission and graduation requirements. These schools have not been added to this wiki page because we at degreeforum do not approve of studying at unaccredited schools. If you add a school here, please ensure it is accredited (by the government in most countries, or by having "national" or "regional" accreditation in the US), and if possible, also link to a source proving an ENEB student did get admitted.

Regent University Divinity School - Accepted for Master's program, via an ECE evaluation. Source 1.

University of Arkansas - accepted for their doctoral program, via an IEE evaluation. Source 1.

Open University UK - accepts Isabel I credit transfers. (Source for this info is the ENEB campus forum).

Virginia University of Lynchburg - accepts ENEB "MBA + Masters" into their Doctor of Healthcare Administration [Degreeforum link needed]. However don't jump blindly into a school or assume this is 100% correct, make sure to research it and find info about it on degreeforum before applying.