Sophia.org Acclaim Process
In order to get credit for completing Sophia.org, you will need to have it added to your ACE transcript. As of November 2020, this is done using the Credly/Acclaim platform (see the ACE page for more details). This is a fairly straightforward process but steps have been provided for students who are having difficulties figuring out what needs to be done.
Credits from before October 2020
If you completed courses at Sophia prior to October of 2020, you may still need to contact support via chat and ask them to manually process your courses to have them added to your Acclaim account. At this point in time, you should be able to claim all credits as outlined below but it is possible that one or two accounts may still be having issues.
Credits from November 2020 and after
- Create an account at Acclaim. You will need one in order for the process to work. Although you can sign up for an account after requesting your Sophia.org badge(s), it is probably easiest to create one ahead of time. You can use multiple emails on the same Acclaim account, so it doesn't matter which email you initially use to sign up with at Acclaim.
- Sign in to your Sophia.org account and scroll down to your completed courses to find the course that you wish to claim a badge for.
- As seen in the example to the right, you should see a hexagonal icon followed by the words "Get Your Badge". Click on this.
- A new screen will pop up showing that you have earned a badge from Sophia. Click on blue the "View Your Badge" button.
- You should receive an email from Acclaim with instructions for claiming your badge. Follow these instructions to add the badge to your account. You may wish to set your acclaim account to automatically accept badges from Sophia in the future.